Monday, May 3, 2010

My Dreamy Mondays... A Wish for Someone Special

This Monday isn’t about the crazy dreams I’ve had lately… but it is about a dream, a wish, which I have for someone that is very special to me.

This someone recently got engaged. Of course I am excited and happy for her, but at the same time, I’m not. I want her to be happy and loved, I want her to know she is loved and to know that she deserves happiness, I want her to know that she deserves to have her dreams come true. But, the truth is, I just don’t think she believes any of those things. I feel like she is settling. I feel like she doesn’t believe she deserves better, like she doesn’t believe in herself.

As far as I can remember, she always wanted children, but once she started dating her fiancé; she started saying she didn’t want kids – because he never wants any. She was always so family oriented, but once she started dating her fiancé; her family barely ever saw or heard from her. Her fiancé is not a family man; he does not go to any family birthday or holiday gatherings with her, so she must go alone if she wants to go. Those are just a few examples.

I am sure he is a nice enough guy, but there just seems to be so much that makes her unhappy. It seems as though she is doing all the compromising in their relationship while he is not compromising at all. I truly hope I am wrong. I hope none of what I see is true, I hope she is happy and in love and that she will be happy with her fiancé for her whole life, but if I’m right and she is not happy…

I wish I could wisk her away and show her how much better she deserves. I wish I could help her stand up and believe in herself. I wish I could make her see how truly amazing she is. If she ever reads this - I just want her to know that she is loved, that we will be here for her no matter what, that it is never too late to decide you deserve better and to do something about it.

No comments: