Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My Dreamy Mondays - Pregnancy Dreams

When I was pregnant with Little C, I had a lot of dreams about having pink baby gear and such... or going to visit family with a baby wrapped in a pink blanket. We didn’t find out if we were going to have a boy or girl, but the dreams were always pink. And yet every time I would wake up I would think to myself, or tell K… it’s just not right, the dreams don’t feel right, we’re not having a girl. In the very beginning I just had this overwhelming feeling that we were having a boy and that he would be born in March, instead of in April (when he was due). And that is exactly what ended up happening. Towards the last months of my pregnancy I wasn’t sure anymore… I guess because I wondered if those dreams meant something. Why would I be dreaming about girl stuff if I was having a boy, so I started doubting my original thoughts. I started wondering if maybe I was only “feeling” like we were having a boy because I knew how much K wanted a son. Although to be completely honest, we really didn’t care one way or the other as long as we had a healthy baby – which is probably partly why we didn’t find out the sex before C was born. We would be happy with a boy or a girl and we wanted it to be an amazing surprise. I remember reading somewhere before I even got pregnant that all the old wives tales couldn’t predict what you were having… they were right only like 50 percent of the time or something like that… but that a mother’s “feeling” was right 75 percent of the time. Pretty cool, I thought… I guess I should have just trusted myself and believed that what my gut was telling me was right :)

So, last night I had a dream that was pretty obscure. Sometimes my dreams are so realistic that I truly don’t always know if they were dreams or reality and other times they just don’t make any sense. So, this dream last night was of the latter version. I was in and empty field and there was a baby boy coming towards me. Now, he was wrapped in a blue blanket and he wasn’t walking… floating maybe? Anyway… all of a sudden these hills of grass rose up between him and I and I could just barely see the tip of his little blue hat beyond the hills. Then the hills started dancing, or moving like waves almost, hard to explain. Anyway, these were not just any hills, they were covered in pink… almost like they were saying “no, not a boy… a girl”. So really, this dream means nothing because I am not pregnant, but still, it was very odd.

We are hoping for a girl with our next pregnancy but only because we would love to have 1 boy and 1 girl, but if we were to have a boy, we would still be thrilled. Again… I am not pregnant, just talking about in the possible future :) And if we do get pregnant again, we are thinking of finding out the sex this time. Not that we didn’t love being surprised the first time, but just for something different and to help us plan… although we still aren’t sure that we don’t want it to be a surprise again.

Did you find out what you were having when you were pregnant? Did you have a “mother’s intuition” about whether you were having a boy or girl… and were you right?

No comments: