Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tasty Tuesdays and More...

Well, it's finally here... I am officially a Stay-At-Home MOM!!!  I tried yesterday to get a ton of stuff done and I got through some of it, but not nearly enough.  C wouldn't nap because he slept in super late and then I just fel so overwhelmed all day.  So, for today, and at least for a few days, I decided to give myself a break.  I don't have to do everything all at once.  After all, I am doing this so that I can be here with C, that is the most important thing, not the laundry and cooking and cleaning.

So, onto the recipe.  This is an easy recipe that I love and it is so so simple, and so, so good.

I love Puff Pastry and every recipe that uses it.  One of my favorites recipes for puff pastry sheets (yes, I buy the frozen ones, I don't usually make puff pastry myself) is a fruit danish.  All you do is roll out the puff pastry sheet in sugar - this gives it a great sugary crunchyness on the outside, and it replaces the need for flour so it doesn't stick.  I roll it out to about 14 x 12".  Then you put your favorite pie filling (you can use canned or make your own) on the end and roll it up.  Place a few slits in the top and bake on a cookie sheet for about 35 minutes at 375.

1 comment:

Kari @ Mommy's Fabulous Finds said...

Congrats on being a stay at home mom! I have been one since my first son was born 2 1/2 years ago and i love it!