Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Countdown... 2 months left!

When I was pregnant with C, K and I started a weekly countdown once I got to about 30 weeks... and now with this pregnancy I'm 31 weeks. Since full-term is considered anytime between 38 and 42 weeks... our countdown is 7 to 11 weeks! It is so hard to believe that is possibly as little as 7 weeks we will meet our daughter! C was actually born 15 days before his due date... so we'll see what our little M does :)
It is so different the second time around. C was our first, so of course everything was unknown. How long would labor last? Would he be early or late? How big would he be? Would I be able to do it without any pain meds? This time... I can't help but wonder how much of it will be similar to my labor and delivery with C. The first time, you kind-of know that anything could happen and that you can't really "expect" anything in particular. This time, I've already been through it once... so how similar will it be? C was only 5 lbs 14 oz. My entire labor and delivery, from the very first contraction to C being born, was a whole 4 hours! My water didn't break, the nurses broke it once I was 6 centimeters, which was within about 2 hours after arriving at the hospital and C was born 1 hour later! I was able to do the whole thing without pain meds.
So, will M be as accomodating as C? Will it be a shorter labor... or longer!?!? Will she be bigger? How will I feel being at the hospital with K, having C being watched by grandparents? I feel like I want him there with us... but he's only 2... hopefully he can be there as soon as possible after M is born. Also, this time we will be at a different hospital... I wonder what will be the same, different, better, worse???

No comments: