Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Tasty Tuesdays - Luscious Lemon Squares

I got this recipe from friends we visited when we were down in Charlotte and I must say that these are the absolute best lemon squares I have ever had.  Everyone that has tried them since I've made them also agrees.  What I like best about these lemon squares is that the lemon part is gooey - kind-of like the lemon filling in a pie, but the very top layer kind-of hardens like a crust.  All other lemon squares I have tried are really more like a cookie bar... but not this one, it is really so good, it is too hard to put into words.

Crust
2 c. flour
1/2 c. powdered sugar
2 sticks butter - softened at room temperature and cut into small pieces

Mix together flour and powdered sugar, then blend with butter like you would a pie crust.
Press into the bottom of 11x13 pan (I used a 9x13 pan and it worked just fine)
Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until lightly brown

Lemon Mixture
4 eggs
2 c. sugar
1/4 c. flour
1/2 t. baking powder
1/3 c. Real Lemon Juice (I use generic and they still tasted great)

Put all ingredients into a blender and blend very well.
Pour over partially baked crust and bake an additional 25 minutes.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar while still warm.

No comments: