Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My Dreamy Mondays... A day late

So, I really did mean to write this yesterday... but besides the intermittent internet issues we have been having, somehow the day just got away from me.  I was lucky that I got a little time to catch up on all my emails though and finally I feel like I am getting somewhere on housework and laundry.
This is my 4th week as a stay at home mom and I am loving it.  Everyone said it would take some time to adjust, and it has, but not to adjust to being with C all day... just time to get used to doing all the housework, cooking, laundry, etc.  The biggest thing has been trying to get a schedule for us.  Of course I would love to stay in bed until I have to wake up.  I did that the first week.  C would wake up so K would bring him to me and I would nurse him in bed, then we'd both go back to sleep until 9:30 or so.  Sounds great, right?  It was, until his normal nap time rolled around and he was no where near tired.  In fact, he only took a nap 2 out of the 5 days that week.  Well, that certainly was not a good schedule.  Don't get me wrong, he is great whether he misses his nap or takes it, he really is never fussy or anything, but Mommy needs that time to work.  Yes, I am still doing some work (from home) on an as needed basis - which seems to be about 10 hours per week so far.  So, now I get up when K gets up, then when C wakes up I am already ready for the day.  So I nurse him in his room and neither of us goes back to sleep.  Then we can eat breakfast at an actual morning breakfast time and get some stuff done before lunch and nap... or just play, either way, at least we have time.

I know I thought I did this before, but I haven't stuck to it.  I really need to make myself a weekly reminder list of what I want to get done and on what days, but in time :)  1st things first... the reason I am home to begin with... to spend quality time with C!  I need to make sure I remember that... I don't want to get all caught up in trying to accomplish so much stuff that I don't spend enough quality time with him.

No comments: