Thursday, January 6, 2011

Potty Training - Day 1

Monday started the first day of our first week of potty training.  I know, I know, I've said this before... but the other 2 times we started, either C got sick (so I felt bad putting him on the potty all the time) or I ended up with morning sickness (and then I didn't feel like it), so I decided to wait.  I am using the method of setting a timer for 30 minutes and we go sit on the potty every time the timer goes off.  Once he has a day of no accidents, we'll move the timer to 45 minutes, then 1 hour, etc.  Supposedly this should take about 2 weeks.

Anyway, Monday was a long day.  C was so excited for his big boy underpants (which are the gerber cloth trainers) that he wanted to wear them all.  And the kid is just so smart... too smart for his mommy and too smart for his own good sometimes.  So, all day long he is wetting his pants ever so slightly ever 10-15 minutes or so.  Then he tells me "Mommy, wash them, get new ones".  It wasn't until later that evening, when discussing the day with K, that I realized our little smarty pants must have been wetting them on purpose just so he could wear them all.  So for Tuesday I had a plan.

No comments: