Tuesday, July 22, 2014

5 years old!

Yes, Little C is not so little anymore, but he'll always be Little C to us.  He LOVED preschool and is so very excited for kindergarten in just over a month!  Here there is either morning or afternoon half-day kindergarten, which I love, because that's how it was when I was growing up.  Where we used to live, it was 2 full days and 1 half day, which I did not like, so I'm happy we have all half days now.  We opted for afternoons mainly because there are no midday buses, and the pickup time would be too close to Cookie M's pickup at preschool.  The more I thought about it, the more I loved the idea of afternoons, this way I get one-on-one time with Little C while Cookie M is at school 2 mornings a week.  I get time to myself too, to do housework and stuff, while Cookie M naps or does quiet time in the afternoon.  And, best of all, since I have such late sleepers (10am for these two sleepyheads sometimes) I won't have to wake Little C everyday for kindergarten, only 2x a week for Cookie M's preschool.  All around, I think it will be great for everyone!  I am so very excited for the teacher assignment and the school supplies list to come out.  Shopping for school supplies was always my favorite thing to do growing up and I am so excited to do it with my kids!

No comments: