Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Crazy Weekends... But Not This Time

Often times the weekend becomes our time to run all of our errands… when really it should be our time to relax and enjoy each other. Now, don’t get me wrong – we still enjoy each other as we are running errands (because we do everything together as a family - me, K, and C), but you know what I mean.

I can’t tell you the number of times a day I think to myself… I wish I was a stay-at-home mommy. Not that I don’t like my job… but I like my time with C more. The week just seems so hectic… get up early to go to work, but squeeze in a nursing session before I leave. Yes C, I so WANT to just sit here by the window and cuddle you while you fall back asleep, but instead I must put you back in your crib and fit in *just one more kiss* before I walk out of the room, but believe me, although I have left the room… you will NEVER leave my heart. I get home from work and we have a quick nursing, then get dinner ready, eat and play for a little bit (no where near long enough!), then bathtime and bed… and then we do it all over again the next day.

Well, not yesterday. We extended our weekend yesterday. Yesterday was our Little C’s 1st birthday! I took the day off work to spend the entire day focusing on C and only C. K and I started the day by entering C’s room with a candle lit piece of birthday cake, singing happy birthday. The look on his face was pure magic… "all this excitement for what?… for ME, all for ME!" The whole day was for him. We spent no time on laundry or dusting or household chores… K and I just had fun with C. I must admit though, despite my overwhelming joy and happiness and spending the whole day with C… when I said "goodnight my sweet, sweet baby" to him, my heart felt just a little heavy – my baby is not really a baby anymore, is he. He is a walking and running, talking, smart, creative, inquisitive, funny, happy toddler. He is growing up and I just hope I can remember all these magical moments of his life as clearly as I remember them today. Happy Birthday C, we love you so much!

No comments: