Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thankful Thursdays

Who I am thankful for… my parents. I wouldn’t be the person I am today without my amazing, funny, kind, helpful, and wonderful parents. They have always believed in me and set the best example for a strong, happy marriage and good, strong family values.

Currently my husband and I are considering relocating out of Northeastern Ohio to the beautiful Piedmont region of North Carolina. For all my life, my whole family on both my parents’ sides has always been within about 30 minutes of each other. I LOVE that. I love that in less than a half hour I can be at the door step of anyone in my family. Well, that changed about a year and a half ago when my sister, her husband and their adorable, smart, funny (now) 4-year old daughter moved out of state. They come into town once every month or two and in between visits we webcam and talk and text on the phone. It was hard, but we adjusted.

K has always wanted to move south. Ideally, he always wanted Florida, but I like seasons… I don’t want heat all the time. So, when K lost his job a few months back, we decided it would be the perfect opportunity to include other parts of the country in his job search. With all this talk of possibly moving, of course our big concern was leaving family… and how they would feel about it.

Well, my parents have been so great and so supportive. I was worried about how they would react. I didn’t want them thinking that we were abandoning them, or that we didn’t care about them. My fears were quickly put to rest though. As soon as they found out that K got some interviews in NC, they were overjoyed and so excited for us. They truly know what it means to put your children first, to be supportive and to try to understand things from someone else’s point of view. They are so great!

I know that I will miss them terribly if we leave. I will miss that C won’t have his grandparents across town while he’s growing up, I will miss so much. But truth be told; I know we will all be okay. I know K, C and I will be very happy wherever we end up. I know that we will still be so close to my parents. I know that although the miles may separate us physically, nothing could ever really separate us. And who knows, maybe one day they’ll decide to retire to NC!

I love you, Mom and Dad – you really are the BEST! And THANK YOU for everything!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I have heard that North Carolina is beautiful!

Best wishes with your decision. :)

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net